Reflections in Natural History.
The first of Stephen Jay Gould’s long-running series of popular science essay collections that first appeared in his monthly column in Natural History magazine, Ever Since Darwin covers topics including:
- Charles Darwin;
- human evolution;
- evolutionary oddities;
- recurring patterns in evolutionary history;
- theories of the earth;
- how organisms’ (and other structures’) shapes change with size;
- the social and political impact of scientific theories.
As with all of Gould’s essay collections, this is a fantastic book.
- Buy from Amazon.co.uk or Amazon.com (for which I receive a small commission)
- …or, better still, buy or order a copy from your local, tax-paying independent bookshop, who could really do with the help.